"as the crow flies", ? 1789

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Mar 4 22:15:16 UTC 2010

EAN has an instance published in 1808.  But the headline for the item
has "CHARACTER / Of the Spanish peasants taken from the Weekly
Entertainer for 1789, published in Europe."

I take this to mean the article was taken, not the
peasants.  WorldCat says the "Weekly Entertainer" is held by New York
University.  If this is also "The Weekly entertainer; and West of
England miscellany", the journal is held by additional libraries,
including Yale, New York Public, and Univ. of Pennsylvania.  And it
apparently is in Chadwyck-Healey's British Periodicals Collection.

Newburyport Herald [Massachusetts]; Date: 09-16-1808; Volume: XII;
Issue: 47; Page: [2].

Joel