neo

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 8 19:15:06 UTC 2010

Brave New Words has this from 1956, which is surely too late (but earlier cites would almost certainly be found in fanzines which are rarely digitized).  "Neo" in fannish usage refers specifically to a neofan (someone new to the world of SF fandom), and isn't generally used for neophytes in general AFAIK.

Jeff Prucher

 Editor, Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction.
http://www.jeffprucher.com