crazy/insane gradation

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 9 00:49:57 UTC 2010

"Head banging" means something else colloquially here--or, at least,
it did in the 1990s. The association was with punk and hard-core, but
was more loosely used in reference to music that was supposed to be
listened to LOUD (think, Wayne's World as a mild version).

VS-)

PS: FWIW I can easily see someone saying, "He's always been crazy, but
now he's gone completely mental/totally berzerk/absolutely insane."
The modifier is not necessary to sell it, but it helps.