"corpii" as plural of "corpus"

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Wed Mar 10 03:55:28 UTC 2010

The most frequent one of these I've seen is 'virii', used by IT folks. It even has its own Wikipedia page in Wiktionary, with a notation that

though common, is generally considered to be incorrect, and based on a misunderstanding of Latin (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/virii)

but, as I've said, I've seen it frequently.  But then my other hat is as an IT Security Policy wonk.

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Associate Professor, Linguistics Program
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
+1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics)