bathinet/baskinet

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Mar 10 13:46:21 UTC 2010

Nope. It was a real thing. My grandmother had one for my mother and
her siblings. (Belmont, MA, 1930s). My understanding is that it was a
stand-alone basin with a top cover for laying the baby down. I never
saw the object. But it was distinctly different from a basinet.

Baskinet looks like a blend to me: either of basket or Baskin-Robbins
(:-)) and basinet. Is that an intrusive -k-?

---Amy West