creeper

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Mar 13 16:54:21 UTC 2010

Not about "creeper" directly, but in my eclectic
television half-watching last night while
pretending to work on something else, and with my
ears cued in by recent messages here, I had two
experiences with "creepy" -- both in reruns so I
don't know the dates (without research):

1.  "Scooby Doo, Where are You?".  One of the
gang refers to a walking mummy, wrapped in the
customary cloth bands and chasing the gang, as "creepy".

2.   "The Rockford Files".  Rockford's lawyer
Beth is being harassed by a man who has sent her
unsolicited mail, most recently satin sheets and
a box of pornographic videos.  She refers to the
man -- whom she has not seen face-to-face -- as "creepy".

Two different senses, I would say.

Joel