"folk" with an L

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 14 06:18:48 UTC 2010

I figured that "folK' with the "l" pronounced would sound like "Polk" as in Pres. James Polk.  Come to find out Wikipedia says that it's "James Knox Polk (pronounced /ˈpoÊ k/ POKE).  I've always pronounced the "l" in Polk.  Who knew.  Actually I like the idea of saying the "l" - complements the alphabetic principle.  Like the "t" in often.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_1