Negative Nancies and other related musings

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Tue Mar 23 13:20:41 UTC 2010

I'm not all caught up on the digests yet, but I don't think anyone's
mentioned the variant I've heard hear in Worcester:

Debbie Downer

"I don't mean to be Debbie Downer . . ."

(uttered by a woman named Debbie, so maybe it's not completely
lexicalized yet; those of us in this volunteer group do use the term
though . . . )

---Amy West