Levying violence

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 23 18:49:40 UTC 2010

Eggcorn from use with taxes?

 From Wiki--Income Tax:
"An income tax is a tax levied on the income of individuals or business
(corporations or other legal entities)."

 From Wiki--Tax:
"In modern taxation systems, taxes are levied in money, but in-kind and
corvée taxation are characteristic of traditional or pre-capitalist
states and their functional equivalents."

So there may be some confusion here between "level", "levy" and "lay".

     VS-)