literally

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 23 21:55:10 UTC 2010

Another good bit that I was going to include earlier but hit Send before
doing so.

> Speak up now or forever hold your peace.. (literally)

Was this meant to be a peace/piece pun?

And from another site

> In case you didn’t know, this nation was literally founded on the
> blood of rebellion–now I don’t want to give a history lesson here, but
> I honestly think people don’t know this when they say things like that.

It could have been worse--the author could have stuck "literally" in the
sentence immediately following:

>  The founders gave government a big “FUCK YOU”, and when it came time
> to create their own gov’t, their still fervent distrust of it led them
> to make damned sure there were checks and balances in place.

I would have like to have learned how it was possible for the founders
to /literally/ 'give the government a big "FUCK YOU".' Unfortunately,
we'll never know.

     VS-)