No more "Christian name, sir?" in Kent, UK

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Mar 28 14:10:42 UTC 2010

At 3/28/2010 02:18 AM, Dan Goodman wrote:
>The two Chinese I'm most likely to talk with (owner-operators of a
>convenience store in Minneapolis) give their names as "Joe" and "Ann."

Many years ago -- 30 to 40 -- I was at a fast food place near the New
England Conservatory of Music around noon on a Saturday.  The place
was full of teen-age music students, many Asian.  The names I heard
bandied about among the female (Asian) violin students were, like,
Tiffany, Alison, etc.

Joel