Sexual meaning of chimney and chimney sweeps in the 18th century?

Judy Prince jbalizsprince at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 29 22:53:35 UTC 2010

How very confusing, Robin!

Judy

On 29 March 2010 18:42, Robin Hamilton <robin.hamilton2 at btinternet.com>wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Robin Hamilton <robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM>
> Subject:      Re: Sexual meaning of chimney and chimney sweeps in the 18th
>              century?

> > Robin, he didn't *have to* leave home much, then---presumably he had
> > spirit-visitors.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Judy
>
> On a *good day, Farmer was barking mad -- on a badhair day he was (even by
> the standards of the 19th C) a pornographic plagiariatst who was sloppy
> with
> his texts.
>
> I love him this side of idolatry, but still, sometimes I'd like to drive a
> stake through his heart.
>
> R.

"Southern hospitality has ten years left."  --Jeff Hecker, Norfolk, VA

http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/author/jprince/

Frisky Moll Press:  http://judithprince.com/home.html