"my bad"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat May 1 02:15:52 UTC 2010

Wilson, I was joshing about itinerant pickup basketball players.  But
my serious point was that it seemed unlikely that an oral expression
of 1980 New York City schoolyard basketball games could travel to
Nashville the same year.

A pick-up schoolyard basketball player would be a ringer if he were
an out-of-town NBA pro not known locally.  Or even an out-of-town
schoolyard basketball super-star not known locally.  Who was the NYC
schoolyard basketball whiz (of the 1960s?) everyone thought could
have been a pro?

(The money would come from successfully betting on
himself.  Especially if he could get better odds away from home.)

Joel