More broadcast journalism

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 1 13:53:43 UTC 2010

I agree, but it might be noteworthy if Arizona achieved that rate suddenly
in just the past couple of years.

The bigger point, though, is that Dobbs et al. provide no evidence (never
mind proof) that the increase is mostly due to illegal aliens.

Maybe it is, but if so there should be specific evidence.

This gives me the chance to bring the following possibly related
nonlinguistic story to your attention.  WARNING: Do not read if you are
offended by non-linguistic posts:

http://www.livescience.com/culture/obama-anti-christ-100325.html

Non-linguistic PS: According to at least one Arizona sheriff interviewed on
CNN, the new law effectively grants him *no* power that he doesn't already
have under federal law. None. The biggest difference is that now Immigration
authorities will not be called on to file Federal charges. And officers can
be sued for lack of enforcement.

He explained that the current Federal law is under-enforced in
Arizona because there are not enough jail cells to hold the suspects.

JL