_Break nasty_ = "jump salty"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 4 04:51:44 UTC 2010

Jon, my guess, to paraphrase my wife, is that you simply "lack
sufficient interest"" in straight-to-cable, PG-13, "art" cinema. Well,
it's your loss, man. Sad on you. ;-). BTW, the title was precisely
"The Lambada, The Forbidden Dance."

BTW, isn't "good on you" present in at least some non-U.S. varieties
of English? OTOH, AFAIK, "sad on you" is peculiar to U,S. BE.

-Wilson

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: _Break nasty_ = "jump salty"
>
> I missed it, Wilson. How could I have done that?
>
> JL
>
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

>> -----------------------
>> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>> Poster:       Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
>> Subject:      Re: _Break nasty_ =3D "jump salty"
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------=
> ------
>>
>> Have you seen the movie? Way less depressing than any of that
>> "Mandingo" crap and doesn't require any imagination, in the way that
>> "Voodoo Fire"  does! ;-)
>>
>> =3DWilson
>>
>> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > ---------------------- Information from the mail header
>> -----------------------
>> > Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>> > Poster:       Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM>
>> > Subject:      Re: _Break nasty_ =3D "jump salty"
>> >
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------=
> ------
>> >
>> > But what of the lambada, "the Forbidden Dance"?
>> >
>> > JL

>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------=
> =3D
>> > ------