yoda as a generic

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 4 16:47:59 UTC 2010

I did not think of looking for "my yoda" as a search string, but a quick
search for yoda with a possessive pronoun finds no improvement on the
earlier date.

However, Lucas referred to Joseph Campbell as "my Yoda". Around the same
time, Kevin Costner had identified Lawrence Kasdan as his Yoda as well.
(Kasdan cut Costner out of The Big Chill, where he plays the corpse and
can only be identified in one scene by his hand, but then wrote a role
for him into Silverado.)

http://bit.ly/akptZ3

The article appeared in a number of newspapers and might be the earliest
combination of "my/his/her/their Yoda".

     VS-)