lifting the luggage

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 4 22:14:58 UTC 2010

This may not be "hiking the Appalachian Trail" and the story has not
spread quite as far, but don't be surprised hearing "lifting the
luggage" to be used as a euphemism in the near future. I will
certainly help the story along:

http://bit.ly/b4W34W

> That man was George Alan Rekers, of North Miami — the callboy's client and, as it happens, one of America's most prominent anti-gay activists. Rekers, a Baptist minister who is a leading scholar for the Christian right, left the terminal with his gay escort, looking a bit discomfited when a picture of the two was snapped with a hot-pink digital camera.
> Reached by New Times before a trip to Bermuda, Rekers said he learned Lucien was a prostitute only midway through their vacation. "I had surgery," Rekers said, "and _I_can't_lift_luggage_. That's why I hired him." (Medical problems didn't stop him from pushing the tottering baggage cart through MIA.)

And, in case anyone is looking for more examples from an old ADS-L
thread, another instance of "twink":