Moist, again

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Tue May 11 23:00:47 UTC 2010

There have been a couple discussions on this list of the (somewhat
bizarre) objections some people have to the word "moist". Therefore, i
have to mention something from today's Onion Newswire (short blurbs
that get posted to the Facebook wall of people who have fanned the
Onion's Facebook page):

===

The Onion CORRECTIONS: After receiving fewer e-mail complaints than
usual, it occurred to us that we have failed to incorporate the word
"moist" into any of our recent articles. The Onion regrets missing the
opportunity to offend its fragile readers' delicate sensibilities.
Moist.

===

In 44 minutes, this has collected 1,166 likes and 160 comments. Such
reactions aren't unheard of, but this is certainly above the average.

Also, one of the most recent comments says that the series "Dead Like
Me" had a running joke about the word "moist"—i'm not familiar with
it, though.

David Bowie