Shoe pounding

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Thu May 13 09:21:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 07:01:42AM +0000, ronbutters at AOL.COM wrote:

>  Couldn't the list owner set ADS-L to cut off messages
> longer than, say, 100 lines? That would create a problem for
> bottom feeders, but they are declining in number because
> top+posting appears to be the default mechanism for most
> e-mail systems.

It would create a bigger problem in that there are a very
large number of messages here that legitimately exceed 100
lines.

It would be better if we could get people to bottom-post and
to appropriately edit their responses, but I highly doubt we'd
be able to successfully manage this.

Jesse Sheidlower
ADS-L