"NOT cheap imitations, but genuine replicas!" [NT]

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu May 13 18:01:15 UTC 2010

I did some searching too on "genuine replica", "genuine imitation",
"cheap replica", and "cheap imitation", and confirmed the tendency
reflected in Wilson's subject line and Victor's results.  Maybe
"replica" sounds more upscale than "imitation".  (Cf. "It's not a
used car, it's a certified pre-owned BMW".)

LH