"NOT cheap imitations, but genuine replicas!" [NT]

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 13 20:29:03 UTC 2010

If I wanted a Rolex knock-off, I'd want an "exact replica."  But an "exact"
replica would be indistinguishable from the real thing, work as well, and
probably cost at least as much.   A truly "exact" replica would also sport
the Rolex trademark and thus be a lawsuit-inviting counterfeit.  So they
need to use a word other than "exact."

Hey, "genuine" sounds good!  Because it is a true knock-off. I mean
"replica."

JL