Vietnam

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 18 23:49:58 UTC 2010

This is what in the diplomatic business is called a "disproportionate
response". I was not criticizing your answer, I simply specified the
narrow issue that I was raising in response to criticism from another
post that was confirmed in your post. I have no problem with you
holding an opinion on the subject nor was I criticizing your
statement's validity nor did I state that expressing this opinion was
inappropriate, but I was pointing out that it does not answer the
question that *I* was trying to raise with my original post.

Since "the query from the list" actually came from *me*, I believe, I
know what that query was about. So, actually, yes, you were responding
to me via the list.

As I said before, I have no interest in discussing Blumenthal's
*political* motivations. I have my own opinion on the subject but do
not believe it has any relevance to this list. But the question was
about use and non-use of a particular expression. As far as your
comment concerned that particular expression, I thank you for your
response.

VS-)