Vietnam

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 20 22:19:55 UTC 2010

Well, it's almost back to "equivocation", isn't it?  While Blumenthal's
primary remark, that he "served in the military, during the Vietnam era," is
incomplete, it is indeed truthful. Had he left it at that, there would be no
controversy.
Regardless, CNN reported on the story again this afternoon, saying something
like, "Despite Blumenthal's claim that he merely misspoke, it would seem
like a lie to most people."  There followed a discussion with Ari
Fleischer, former press secretary to George W. Bush, who - of course -
emphasized the absolute intentionality of Blumenthal's words.

Anchor Rick Sanchez expressed dismay that the news media in Connecticut
hadn't exposed Blumenthal as a faker years ago.

And so it goes.

JL