Vietnam (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu May 20 23:20:42 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

---------------
> --------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Vietnam (UNCLASSIFIED)

> --------
>
> There's no comparison. I think if Bill had spent as much time trying
> reconstruct his traffic accidents as Blumenthal has spent over the
> years reflecting on his military service, Bill's driver's license
would
> be long gone by now.
>
> Blumenthal has had plenty of practice, Bill, I assume, hasn't.
>
> It is hard to explain this away as a slip of the tongue: "I wore the
> uniform
> in Vietnam and many came back to all kinds of disrespect"  [
> http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Critics-weigh-Blumenthal-s-
> words-491710.php
> ]

That one is new to me, and makes think I should retract some of the
specifics of my post.

But I still believe that Blumenthal is not so much evil as he is
careless.  And carelessness is sufficient grounds to reject him as an
elected official under many circumstances (a point I did not make
earlier).