Vietnam

Fri May 21 20:22:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Victor Steinbok <aardvark66 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://nyti.ms/bcglR0
>> “In Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said, according to the article, “we had
>> to endure taunts and insults, and no one said, ‘Welcome home.’ I say
>> welcome home.”

This one actually helps Blumenthal's case, because few would take this
to mean that veterans had to endure taunts and insults while they were
*in the country of* Vietnam. Rather, it supports the reading of "in
Vietnam" as "during the Vietnam era," which was his explanation for
the previously unearthed quote.