Quote: For evil men to accomplish their purpose, it is only necessary that good men do nothing (attrib Charles F. Aked 1920 June)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Nov 4 12:38:56 UTC 2010

At 11/4/2010 08:25 AM, Garson O'Toole wrote:
>1770, Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents
>When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall,
>one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

A little later, Ben put this more succinctly:

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang
separately."

(Although this too may belong to someone else.)

Joel