George Mason University has bought a Vocabula Review site license

Fri Nov 5 16:16:16 UTC 2010

Laurence Horn wrote

> I don't think "allow" really applies here, since the list is
> unmoderated.  I believe Mr. Fiske is the only offender (albeit a
> regular one) of the implicit ban on commercial puffery.

I take your point. The ADS may nevertheless desire to institute some form
of control in this case. There are others of us who might publicise our
endeavours but refrain from doing so because of the implicit understanding
you mention. We may not wish to object to Mr Fiske publicising his journal
issues but this surely oversteps the mark.

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words