Millionaire Matchmaker

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Nov 8 15:22:05 UTC 2010

At 9:52 PM -0500 11/7/10, Wilson Gray wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Jonathan Lighter
><wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  No way did the shikse-looking guy look like a girl. He was big and tall with
>>  a shaved head.
>
>Yeah. I sorta got that point WRT his lack of genetic femaleness. But
>what does that have to do with the claim that _shegets_ is less likely
>to be generally, or even specifically, less well-known than _shikse_?

--which was also my assumption (see my earlier note on
shaygetz/shikse).  This is one of those (rare) cases where the
feminine may well have become the generic for some speakers.  A few
ghits in support of this reanalysis:

But to many of us he's a shiksa guru.
Only if s/he's a shiksa! Love is a funny thing!
give it up susie he's a shiksa kinda guy.
Cuz he's a shiksa, a Shabbos goy

LH