litigate = 'argue tediously or at length over'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 10 21:12:51 UTC 2010

A well paidCNN news editor is reporting a squabble between G. W. Bush and
Gerhard Schroeder about what they agreed to at a meeting years ago about
Iraq.  Schroeder says that Bush "is not telling the truth."

Editor shakes head in amusement and disgust and comments, "We're still
litigating the Iraq War even to this day."

JL