"drug" and irregulation

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Sat Nov 13 03:23:02 UTC 2010

Is "irregulation" a shortcut/abbreviation/5-keystroke-typo for "irregularization"?

Neal

At 11/12/2010 02:34 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
Here Bush seems to be drugging in the irregular. Why?  "Drug" as a strong past tense (or participle) of "drag" has been around a lot longer than either Bush.  I'd think this is just standard (or standard non-standard) Texas usage GWB picked up, not a case of a regular verb becoming irregular.  (Cf. snuck, clumb,...)  I have it, at least passively, in at least one context:  "Look what the cat drug in."