violence = 'personal or social domination of any kind' (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Nov 15 15:47:42 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

A contemporary example:

http://davidthompson.typepad.com/davidthompson/2010/11/unveiled-new-defi
nitions-of-violence-and-civilisation.html

Behalf Of

------
> -
>
> Not in OED but common among postmodern sociologists:
>
> 1990 Pierre Bourdieu _The Logic of Practice_  (R. Nice, trans.)
[Stanford: