new rude word

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Nov 16 18:38:41 UTC 2010

At 5:06 PM +0000 11/16/10, Eoin C. Bairéad wrote:
>Hi
>
>it appears is still not used as a general insult - it is still
>explicitly genital.
>
>Eoin

Some of the (many) urbandictionary entries for
"clunge" indicate that at least for some speakers
(provenance unknown), this metonymic shift has
already occurred.  Cf. inter alia:

Entry 8: vagina. can also be used more broadly to describe girls in general

Entry 11: Another type of slang word for the
female genitalia. Has now overtaken 'Gash' as the
most overused, general word for a female by many
different youths. vagina. can also be used more
broadly to describe girls in general

LH