Reply strategy

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Nov 17 22:17:58 UTC 2010

At 11/16/2010 08:59 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
For my relatively elderly (6.2) version of Eudora, Joel's cut and
>paste method is the only one that works for the purpose indicated;
>either a Reply-All or a simple Reply goes just to ADS unless the
>original message is differently structured.  But I wouldn't want us
>to change that, since I almost invariably intend to post my responses
>to the list.

Yes.  I've been through this once before, for another list, and the
number of subscribers who complained when the list's reply mechanism
was changed as Ron requested outnumbered those who preferred the
change, which would send the reply only to the individual
sender.  It's better to have the reply go to the list unless the
sender takes other action.

Joel