dramarama

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Thu Nov 18 14:37:30 UTC 2010

On Nov 18, 2010, at 2:59 AM, Paul Frank wrote:

> Dramarama: not the alternative rock band or the British TV series but
> the word used to describe the dramatizing of events that are either
> trivial or ought to be considered trivial. I don't see it in the OED.
> The word is good enough for the Washington Post:...

the OED has a surprising number of -((o)r)ama words already, but when you look at the range of attested examples, you should see that it would be hopeless to try to cover them all. see the discussions here:

http://arnoldzwicky.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/to-the-next-level/

http://arnoldzwicky.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/orama-orama/

(and note the comments on the second)

arnold