Most Notable Quotations of 2010 (UNCLASSIFIED)

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Mon Nov 22 17:10:08 UTC 2010

Most stuff that is "in the constitution" is not in the constitution. Almost
all of what we consider to be "in the constitution" is actually
interpretation of some general and vague concept that was actually written
there. The writers almost never specify what they really mean and, given how
smart they all were, that can't have been by accident, it seems to me. Just
a little (before this election*) example: Constitution says that the
president must be a natural born citizen, but does not define what
constitutes being a natural born citizen. That, and a whole bunch of other
provisions, are left for congress to take care of within the general concept
that the constitution establishes. The fuzziness of the constitution is the
ultimate in wiggle-room. Even so, a little consistency would be nice.
Teabaggers insist on the constitution when it comes to guns, and want to
throw it all out when comes to religion, civil rights and anything else they
disagree with. And so it goes.
DAD
*BTW, am I the only person on Earth who knows that (a) John McCain was born
in Panama and (b) it doesn't matter - presidentially - if Obama was born in
Hawaii or not? Sometimes it seems so...