Metro-syntactical: "runs through"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Nov 24 17:25:56 UTC 2010

Some semi-plausible arguments, but for "just the facts, ma'am",
here's what the official MBTA site says (excerpted for the 5 subway
lines only):
-----
The MBTA today [apparently Friday 11/19] announced its service
schedule for the Thanksgiving Holiday, Wednesday, November 24 through
Friday, November 26.  To accommodate customers traveling to and from
Logan Airport, Silver Line service will be enhanced during peak
airport travel times before the holiday continuing through Tuesday,
November 30.

Wednesday, November 24

     * To ensure prompt and convenient service to and from Logan
Airport, the Silver, Red, Orange, Blue and Green lines will operate
with additional service during peak travel periods.

Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25

     * The Red, Orange, Blue, Green, and Silver Lines will operate on
a Sunday schedule.

Friday, November 26
    * The Green line will operate two car trains every eight minutes
throughout the day.
    * The Red, Orange and Blue lines will operate on a regular
weekday schedule.
    * The Silver Line will operate on an enhanced schedule.
-----
Thus there is *reduced* service from a normal (working) Thursday on
Thanksgiving Day.  The Metro said "The extra service will run through
Wednesday and Friday".  Clearly the Metro did mean "on Wednesday and
Friday but not Thursday."

I can't resolve the uncertainty about "and will continue through
Tuesday and Wednesday", since it seems the MBTA has not yet posted
its schedule for those days (or Saturday and Sunday or -- especially
-- Monday, when many air travelers fly back).  But at the moment the
only enhancement the MBTA has posted for Tuesday and Wednesday is for
the Silver line, and through Tuesday, not Wednesday.

Joel