Junk terms (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Nov 29 15:27:25 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

junk [genitalia]  Not in OED or HDAS.  Grant Barrett has taken it back
to 1986 (see ADS-L archives)

junk food OED has 1972 not in HDAS.  Popik has [1948], 1952

Junk mail OED has 1954 not in HDAS

_Legislative, Executive, and Judicial Appropriation Bill, 1921:  Hearing
Before Subcomittee of House Committee
on Appropriations_  66th Congress 2nd Session part II p 2353 [Google
Books]
"What we call junk mail comes in just the same." [from testimony given
1/17/1920]

_Miami Daily News_ 9/21/1933 p 1 col 1 [Google News]
"JUNK MAIL -- You'd call it third class mail but in the parlance of the
postoffice employes is [sic] "junk
mail," and it's just another barometer to point that happy days are
accumulating again."

junk in my/the/her trunk Not in OED, HDAS

_Heart & Soul_  Feb/Mar97 p. 112 col unk [Ebscohost]
"Hey, I still had "junk in my trunk" when I was thinner."

[South Florida] _Sun-Sentinel_  August 17, 1998  p. 1B col unk
[Newsbank]
"She had mad trunk. Junk in her trunk!"

_Boston Globe_ September 21, 2000 p. E14 col unk [Newsbank]
"If you had a big butt, you had "a little too much junk in the trunk." "