screwgie

Paul Frank paulfrank at POST.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Nov 29 16:21:47 UTC 2010

Twenty-six minutes and 57 seconds into the Coen Brothers' No Country
for Old Men, Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones) says "got a screwgie?"
meaning "got a screwdriver?"

It's not in the OED or DARE. Then there's "he gave me the screwgie"
(ripped me off) and a screwgie as in a screwball in baseball.

"This will get the right side flush, now take the flat blade screwgie
in the left button hole, and 'gently' pry it forward using the button
mechanical portion and the top of the plexy as a lever point."
<http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15676>

"The passenger's side rear molding on my 99' 626 is sagging a bit in
the middle. It was that way when I bought it recently. I am curios if
anyone knows how to remove and repair one. I'd take a screwgie
(screwdriver) to it, but I think that might be a bad idea. "
<http://www.mazda626.net/topic/32300-body-side-molding/>

Paul

Paul Frank
Translator
Chinese, German, French, Italian > English
Espace de l'Europe 16
Neuchâtel, Switzerland
paulfrank at bfs.admin.ch
paulfrank at post.harvard.edu