Antedating "the yips" OED 1963-->1943 :: Fwd: "yips" - Word of the Day from the OED

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 2 13:47:55 UTC 2010

FWIW, I've encountered this expression only in golfing contexts or in
writings by self-confessed golfers.

Unlike the willies, the jumps, the heebie jeebies, the screaming meemies,
etc.

JL