Taking the piss (was: teenager doing accents)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 5 18:22:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:23 AM, Paul Frank <paulfrank at post.harvard.edu> wrote:

> My impression was that a successful pisstake
> was done to someone's face but with sufficient subtlety that the
> victim didn't know he was having the piss taken.

That sounds like what is/was? called "joning" (I don't have even the
wildest guess as to the origin of the connection between sound and
meaning, in this case) in Saint Louis BE.

Peggy sees Darlene engaging the full attention of a group of four guys
who, consequently, have failed to acknowledge Peggy's arrival.

P. Darlene, why don't you shut up?! Your *mouth* is too big!

D. Well, at least, my mouth isn't as big as that *hole* that *you're*
standing over!

Thrown into confusion by this retort, Peggy, incredibly and foolishly,
 actually looks down and around for the "hole" to which Darlene has
referred, not in the least aware that Darlene has just _joned_ with
her in a manner relevant only WRT female anatomy, yet has done so so
subtly that Peggy has no idea what Darlene is talking about, yet so
clearly that the reference is totally obvious to bystanders, who, of
course, are laughing their asses off.

Had Peggy immediately grasped Darlene's meaning, she *still* would
have been "fronted off" - publicly humiliated.

Joning doesn't get much better that that!
--
-Wilson
–––