Aunt; was Re: "Authentic pronunciation" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 7 01:47:10 UTC 2010

I say /Ant/, but I also used to say "tomahto" like my grandparents until
Southerners ridiculed me out of it.  (I still say it in secret.)

Their working-class backgrounds didn't keep them from saying "vahz" either.
But a putayto was a putayto.

JL