Aunt; was Re: "Authentic pronunciation" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 7 02:18:06 UTC 2010

Herb, we may have had the same teacher. Or depending on the vowel
distribution, complementary mirror-image teachers.

Mine was in the second grade. She ran us through the set with "ahg": frog,
hog, log. Then she tried to trick us with "dawg," but we knew better.

BTW, as someone may have mentioned long ago, the spelling "dawg" in the
South doesn't mean what it means in NYC.

JL