net-net

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 12 19:07:48 UTC 2010

Even if "net-net" here means "and these are the real numbers!"  it is a
broadened meaning of "net-net."  Broadened beyond anything one who is not a
member of the self-appointed elite could possibly figure out.  Broadened, in
fact, beyond any obvious relationship to the literal meaning of "net-net."

As usual, I really don't care what grotesqueries such speakers emit during
their covens, but their idea that the rest of us should know what the hell
they're talking about is beyond me.  And I think they know it.

To yours truly, the average voter with three degrees and
publications, "net-net" as used on CNN could have meant almost anything,
including "according to our special system of non-accountable bookkeeping
that you can't look at." Which is why Blitzer appropriately asked Fiorina
WTH she was trying to say.  He should do it more often.

JL