"apology" -- stretched again

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 13 18:53:01 UTC 2010

Guest pundit Keli Goff said on CNN Sunday that "absolutely, his apology was
ridiculous. I'm so sick and tired of these, 'I'm sorry your feelings got
hurt' apologies, which we keep hearing over and over again when someone says
something blatantly offensive or stupid."
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/10/rs.01.html

I have been the personal recipient of more than one such "apology" in real
life, each delivered in a tone of deepest sincerity.  First noticed: early
1990s. Which means that, back then, a person could live for decades without
encountering one.  But now . . .

I guess it's just another "meme."

JL