gripe

Tue Oct 19 00:13:29 UTC 2010

There's also "gi(v)es me the grue" (Makes me sick) and "gi(v)es me the boak"--the last one, historically bowk (and still that in Northern England) is usually a verb, to vomit.  "grue", I think, is the same word as the beginning of "gruesome".  Don't know if either of these words made it over here to the US.

Paul Johnston