Herb, please accept my apologies!

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 19 05:06:12 UTC 2010

Wilson,

Apologies accepted.  I wouldn't have suggested that Mo'town had to
train their singers to sound black.  Rather, Mo'town set high
technical standards all around, and that included vocal training.
Whether the r-lessness comes from AAVE or from learning vocal diction
has to come down to the r-lessness of AAVE reinforced by rigorous
vocal training, aside from the few who may have been r-ful.

Herb