Fwd: a well-traveled eggcorn ("Roaming Catholic")

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Oct 21 14:59:52 UTC 2010

Before someone else points it out, I was intending to add that the
problem with detecting this particular eggcorn is that many speakers
who might be *thinking* "roaming Catholic" would be likely to
*pronounce* it as homonymously with "Roman Catholic", in which case
there would be no way short of mind-reading to notice the reanalysis
in spoken form.

LH