To "biff out"?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 22 14:32:13 UTC 2010

 From
http://counterknowledge.com/2008/07/gavin-menzies-1434-the-fightback-begins/,
visited today:  A comment dated 1 August 2008.

"I collect real Chinese antiquities so am not fooled by tourist
souveniers. The trinkets that he [Gavin Menzies] uses as evidence are
tourist repros & bits of junk, quite likely to have been biffed out
after failing to sell in a garage sale."

Seems somewhat different from the OED's "biff, v."  The closest I see
is "[1.]b. fig. To deal a blow to, to refute, to 'stump' (see also quot. 1895).
    1895 W. C. GORE in Inlander Nov. 60 Biff, to refuse; to repulse;
to slight."

This usage is more like "to toss, trash".  (Perhaps the other sense
of "refuse"?  Only kidding.)

Joel