gendercide

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Oct 24 14:50:07 UTC 2010

At 10:16 AM -0400 10/24/10, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>  > . . .because so many of the would-be perpetrators who are weak on their
>classical Latin
>misinterpret it as the killing of viruses. <
>
>In this case, language ceases to speak the perpetrating elites consistent
>with their prelinguistic desires.
>
>JL

Mebbe so.  But another factor leading to the general neglect of the
grim consequences of gendercide is the tendency of the hegemonic
elite to confuse this practice with that of _genericide_, a plague
they assume the manufacturers of Kleenex tissues, Thermos bottles,
and Band-aid brand adhesive bandages have enough resources to combat
successfully on their own.

LH