Delusional grandeur

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Tue Oct 26 00:36:11 UTC 2010

"Some of his own comrades are abandoning him for what they see as erratic and imperious behavior and a nearly delusional grandeur unmatched by an awareness that the digital secrets he reveals can have a price in flesh and blood."
(Officials, accusations dog WikiLeaks founder," John F. Burns and Ravi Somaiya, New York Times, Oct 24,2010)

In "delusions of grandeur," we're talking about a kind of delusion, but in this story we're talking about a kind of grandeur. Haven't googled the phrase yet.

Neal